- Renée Adams, Ali C. Akyol and Patrick Verwijmeren, Director Skill Sets, Journal of Financial Economics, Forthcoming. Download the paper here.
- Best Paper Award in Corporate Finance in the 2014 FMA Asia Meetings.
- Shortlisted for the Best Paper Award in Corporate Finance in the 2015 FMA Meetings.
- Akyol, Ali C., Tommy Cooper, Michele Meoli and Silvio Vismara, 2014, Do Regulatory Changes Affect the Underpricing of European IPOs? Journal of Banking and Finance 45, 43-58.
- Akyol, Ali C. and Patrick Verwijmeren, 2013, Human Capital Costs, Firm Leverage, and Unemployment Rates, Journal of Financial Intermediation 22, 464-481.
- Akyol, Ali C., Wei Fen Lim, and Patrick Verwijmeren, 2012, Shareholders in the Boardroom: Wealth Effects of the SEC’s Rule to Facilitate Director Nominations, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis 47, 1029-1057.
- Akyol, Ali C., Konrad Raff and Patrick Verwijmeren, The Elimination of Broker Voting in Director Elections, Finance Research Letters 21, 34-39 . Download the paper here.
- Akyol, Ali C., Jin San Kim and Chander Shekhar, 2014, The Causes and Consequences of Accelerated Stock Repurchases, International Review of Finance 14, 319-343.
- Akyol, Ali C. and Lauren Cohen, 2013, Who Chooses Board Members?, Advances in Financial Economics 16, 43-75.
- Akyol, Ali C. and Chi Chong Foo, 2013, Share Repurchase Reasons and the Market Reaction to Actual Share Repurchases: Evidence from Australia, International Review of Finance 13, 1-37.
- Akyol, Ali C., Wei Fen Lim, and Patrick Verwijmeren, 2012, Governance Characteristics and the Market Reaction to the SEC’s Proxy Access Rule, International Review of Finance 12, 175-195.
- Akyol, Ali C., 2011, Stock Returns around Non-Trading Periods: Evidence from an Emerging Market, Applied Financial Economics 21, 1549-1560.
- Analyst Experience and Accrual Anomaly: How Do Experienced Analysts Improve Price Efficiency? – with Paul Hribar, Yiming Qian and Frank Yu. Download the paper here.
- Are All Shareholder Proposals the Same?
- Location, Managerial Entrenchment, and Short-Term Pressure - with Rex Wang Renjie and Patrick Verwijmeren. Download the paper here.